Sunday, May 11, 2008

You can call me Bitch, OR you can have sex with me

I have a funny relationship with the word "Bitch." I call myself a bitch on a very regular basis. I find it fun when Wonder Muff calls me "Bitch." I even enjoy it when my straight male roommates call me "bitch;" this usually is presaged by my being, well, a smart-ass bitch.

However, I do not want to be called a bitch by my lover. I'm still trying to figure out why exactly that is. I think because in the cases above, there is a teasing admiration in the name-calling. But, when called such by a lover, there is a tinge of anger and disrespect. Why does there need to be anger and disrespect? And, more importantly, and I am thinking of a specific individual, why should I have to tell someone MORE THAN ONCE? Okay, so the first time he called me a bitch, he didn't know that I don't like it. So I tell him. Why should he ever do it again? Is it forgetfulness, or disrespect? And, why should I even have to explain myself? I don't need to give a reason why. I don't like it, and that should be enough.

The worst was the time in which I was called the B-word in flagrante delicato. It is possible to push a man twice your size and weight up, off and away from you in mere seconds. Suffice to say, there was no happy ending that day.



No comments: